Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked?

+8
adelaide
Missing Leg
paultpm
Jackers
Chinaman
offdrive4
RB
Sir Winston Churchill
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked? Empty Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked?

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:40 pm

I have had enough of Stewie. I used to say sorry to say, but Im not any more. He has delivered a formula for failing at every form of county cricket.

His ability to choose a first team coach seems based on who grovels the most to him. His ability to sign players is extraordinary. He has this canny ability to never sign good county players. Overseas signings ae much more miss than hit.

He lords it about the place in his tracksuit. This would confuse me if I were a player. He should wear a suit for goodness sake.

Ive said before if he wants to coach then he should appoint himself and see how he goes. But he bottles that option. In fact now I wouldnt want him as coach.

By all accounts hes a fairly surly bugger, which must be horrible to put up with day in day out.

Please dont give me the England commitments nonsense. Yes it doesnt help, but whats worse is signing fourth rate players or ex internationals looking for a last pay day with no intention to play well.

NOPE, ive had it. Stewie must go and he must take the coaching staff with him. We must start next season afresh.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked? Empty Re: Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked?

Post by RB Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:46 pm

Because Vikram Solanki should be going first.

Stewart has at least achieved things in his time here. Solanki hasn’t.

RB

Back to top Go down

Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked? Empty Re: Give me one sane reason as to why Stewie shouldnt be sacked?

Post by offdrive4 Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:18 pm

I think a clear out of the management would be a good thing, we cannot go on with tripe like this. I accept the endless problem of missing players although the number of injuries should be investigated. The spineless and spiritless performances is not acceptable in any circumstances however. We have not played well since winning the Championship three years ago and seem to have a number of players not at the required level, why?

offdrive4

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:41 am

To some extent it's not all Alex's fault. The schedule, the 100, resting of players at all are down to the vindictive ECB. Surrey should have called their bluff on the 100 instead of being scared off by threats to move the Test. It would not have happened and the whole rubbish competition would have been scuppered. Had they have moved it, and with the Old Trafford debacle, wow the ECB would really be down the toilet. But we do seem to pick naff players don't we.
As for injury and training, well I've been through all that on numerous occasions and won't repeat it here. Suffice to say, it doesn't work.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:16 am

Does anyone know if the members' forum tonight is on Zoom, and if so what the relevant codes are to access the meeting?

I had booked to attend in person, but given the weather I won't be going to the ground today and if I email the club I doubt they will get round to replying before the meeting.
Jackers
Jackers

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Stewie is full on the main problem. He has failed to adapt to the changes in the formats and scheduling. Most of us are annoyed at they direction cricket is going, but as "boss" Stewie absolutely needs to steer us through.

He has proved he is incapable and therefore has to be replaced. No question.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:35 pm

Solanki is the head coach and has to be held accountable for poor performances on a performance level.

In the first part of the season we had Burns, Stoneman, Amla, Pope, Foakes, Roach all available (over 200 test caps between them) and yet we only one one game before the NZ Tests. That’s unacceptable.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by paultpm Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm

[quote="Jackers"]Does anyone know if the members' forum tonight is on Zoom, and if so what the relevant codes are to access the meeting?

I had booked to attend in person, but given the weather I won't be going to the ground today and if I email the club I doubt they will get round to replying before the meeting.

[/Surrey Members can join tonight’s Evening Members’ Forum with the details below.
With today’s play in the LV= County Championship match between Surrey & Essex likely to be abandoned, this will now be an online-only event starting at 5:30pm. Senior staff including Interim Chief Executive Charlie Hodgson & Director of Cricket Alec Stewart are expected to be in attendance.
Please ensure you join the meeting promptly to ensure you don’t miss any of the forum. The waiting room will be monitored but once the meeting has started we cannot guarantee you will be admitted as soon as you join. Members must display their full name clearly in order to be admitted and we request you remain on mute throughout.
To submit questions, please write them in the chat. The most relevant will then be selected and put to the staff by Jon Surtees, Head of Communications at The Kia Oval.
Please note there is a limit of 500 people able to attend Zoom meetings. For those that can’t attend or would like to watch again, the meeting will be recorded and shared on kiaoval.com on Wednesday.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85289817053?pwd=WlhhRnJvYk8wYzlhRlZJejhCc29qZz09
Meeting ID: 852 8981 7053
Passcode: 989748
paultpm
paultpm

Back to top Go down

Post by offdrive4 Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Everyone on mute and carefully selected questions only! I do not think critical questions will be selected, - why have we had three awful seasons? - is unlikely to be picked. Much easier to control on zoom.

offdrive4

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:37 pm

"Why is our Director of Cricket always prancing about in training garb with a face like a slapped arse?"

Can't see that one making the cut either.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:44 pm

The questions selected to be read out and answered may be heavily censored, but there is a rolling chat function where members can make their views known to all...

Let's play Bullshit Bingo: have a drink when the Surrey SAS (Self-Appreciation Society) mention any of the following:

- How marvellous the facilities in the Galabanari Stand are
-  How wonderful it is that the membership is now at a record level
- How successful the Oval Test match was, with sell-out crowds and record receipts
- How we sold more tickets for The Hundred than any other ground (they should be ashamed of that)

Have I missed anything?
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:14 pm

They should have rescheduled this next week. This is a very convenient cop out. Not much point in watching it live, speed through any "highlights" tomorrow.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:42 pm

offdrive4 wrote:Everyone on mute and carefully selected questions only!     I do not think critical questions will be selected,  - why have we had three awful seasons?  -  is unlikely to be picked.  Much easier to control on zoom.

All I will say is that at the last Middlesex online forum some very pointed (and even rude) questions were asked in the live chat and were put to the panel. Including one saying it was time for our DoC to go, to which said DoC gave a very heartfelt answer to (he went a few weeks later). Both my questions were answered, one of the answers revealing for the first time (I think) that the Barnet Copthall second ground was no longer a runner.

Sarf of the river is a different country but if I were "attending" I wouldn't stint on the critical questions. Also if they are not called, everyone who reads the live chat will be aware that they were asked but not selected.

adelaide

Jackers and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:11 pm

To be fair to Jon Surtees, he does often pick out some of the more difficult to answer questions in the chat...

Alex!

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:26 pm

Alex! wrote:To be fair to Jon Surtees, he does often pick out some of the more difficult to answer questions in the chat...

Surtees sometimes comes across as not understanding the questions he's reading out. Meanwhile, Hodgson spent most of the meeting looking like a frightened rabbit.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 am

I felt Stewie coped admirably with some of the questions but I think he got Paxmanned on Chris Jordan.

He seemed to be under the impression Jordan would not be in the England white ball squads next year. Which I thought was… optimistic?

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:50 pm

What a waste of time, turned it off. Pointless exercise in box ticking.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:59 pm

Chinaman wrote:What a waste of time, turned it off. Pointless exercise in box ticking.

Do you have a link, Chinaman?

Can't see anything on the website, YouTube channel or twitter.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm

[quote="Missing Leg"]
Chinaman wrote:What a waste of time, turned it off. Pointless exercise in box ticking.

Do you have a link, Chinaman?

Can't see anything on the website, YouTube channel or twitter.[/quote

There is a replay on the Kia Oval site that you can just click on. Not sure if it's on You Tube or Twitter.

Chinaman

Missing Leg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Thanks, but I still can't see anything on the website apart from the zoom link for the meeting which has now expired. There's nothing in 'news' which is where I'd expect it to be.

No bother, I expect it'll be on YouTube in due course.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:37 pm

RB wrote:I felt Stewie coped admirably with some of the questions but I think he got Paxmanned on Chris Jordan.

He seemed to be under the impression Jordan would not be in the England white ball squads next year. Which I thought was… optimistic?

The person who asked that question had the initials RB, funny that!

Cee Gee

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:59 pm

I was horrified to hear Stewie telling us that Solanki has done a good job! He said it without cracking his face.

Stewie is either lying or deluded. Whatever it is, it is not a good look.

Okay I dont expect him to say Solanki is hopeless but he could have said he was disappointed with the performances of all aspects of the club.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Cee Gee wrote:
RB wrote:I felt Stewie coped admirably with some of the questions but I think he got Paxmanned on Chris Jordan.

The person who asked that question had the initials RB, funny that!

😉

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:21 pm

I see that Stuart Law has paid the price for a terrible season at Middlesex and been sacked. I wonder if Alec will pay the same price?

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:39 pm

I fought the Law and the Law gone, so as to speak. Perhaps Chris Adams is available.

Gus Fraser went as DoC in the summer and Law hadn't had very much time in full control, so it's interesting timing. Surrey still have both DoC and coach so a slightly different position.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next