Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will"

5 posters

Go down

International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will" Empty International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will"

Post by Chinaman Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:35 pm

Well I'm somewhat surprised that NZ actually went to Pakistan with the current huge and potentially dangerous upheaval in Afganistan. If it becomes a likely haven for all the nutters and terrorists again, Pakistan is the last place you should be touring. I don't see the England tour going ahead although you never know with the ECB.

With Bangladesh cancelled, the 5th Test postponed(?) and the Ashes still in doubt it's not looking very good is it. A pity the Aussies haven't vaccinated their population instead of subjecting them to a series of rather pointless lockdowns.

I daresay they will move heaven and earth to finish the IPL and play the T20 WC. That's if the Indian squad haven't taken Covid John on the plane with them to the Emirates.

Dear me, what with Surrey, what an awful cricket year this is.

Chinaman

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will" Empty Re: International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will"

Post by adelaide Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:04 pm

Chinaman wrote:Well I'm somewhat surprised that NZ actually went to Pakistan with the current huge and potentially dangerous upheaval in Afganistan. If it becomes a likely haven for all the nutters and terrorists again, Pakistan is the last place you should be touring. I don't see the England tour going ahead although you never know with the ECB.

With Bangladesh cancelled, the 5th Test postponed(?) and the Ashes still in doubt it's not looking very good is it. A pity the Aussies haven't vaccinated their population instead of subjecting them to a series of rather pointless lockdowns.

I daresay they will move heaven and earth to finish the IPL and play the T20 WC. That's if the Indian squad haven't taken Covid John on the plane with them to the Emirates.

Dear me, what with Surrey, what an awful cricket year this is.

Australia's rather pointless lockdowns? I know it is geographically very different but they have had fewer than 1 per cent of the number of deaths in the UK. Australia's government might have been taking the view that keeping their citizens safe is more important than enabling us to watch the Ashes!

I suppose it could be argued that the most dangerous Afghan exiles in Pakistan can now go back to Afghanistan, making Pakistan safer, but Pakistan has its own extremists who may feel emboldened and they have of course attacked a cricket team before. The Taliban apparently approves of cricket anyway, at least for men.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will" Empty Re: International Cricket: " If Covid Doesn't Get You The Taliban Probably Will"

Post by Missing Leg Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Look on the bright side. Ronnie Irani has nothing to do with our club.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Well Australia would have kept them safe if they have got them all vaccinated rather than let them riot on the streets because they don't want to be in a perpetual state of lockdown for no real logical reason. But I'm not going back to that old chestnut again.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:49 pm

Chinaman wrote:Well Australia would have kept them safe if they have got them all vaccinated rather than let them riot on the streets because they don't want to be in a perpetual state of lockdown for no real logical reason. But I'm not going back to that old chestnut again.

Er, how many would have died without lockdowns by the time vaccines started to become available, never mind by the time 80% had been double jabbed?

We all hope that we don't need more lockdowns but you're not arguing that the original lockdowns were pointless, are you?

Mind you, security guards having it off with quarantining "guests" (allegedly) didn't help!

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:50 pm

To repeat, not going back to this

Chinaman

guildfordbat, Badges and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:04 am

Chinaman wrote:To repeat, not going back to this

Then it would probably would have been better if you hadn't made the statement about lockdowns in the initial post in this thread.

adelaide

Cee Gee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:07 am

[quote="adelaide"]
Chinaman wrote:To repeat, not going back to this

Then it would probably would have been better if you hadn't made the statement about lockdowns in the initial post in this thread. [/who

It was part of the point I was making. I'm not going to be pulled into an argument with you about lockdowns again because we have very contrasting views on them.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Anyway….

England’s affected matches are all officially postponed rather than cancelled. In the case of Bangladesh, The Netherlands, and South Africa, we have a World Cup Qualifying obligation to rearrange those matches. Netherlands away is pencilled in for May 2022 (suspect the IPL boys will be allowed off…), whilst Bangladesh is pencilled in for October 2022 and the SA series isn’t rearranged at all.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Yes but as more series are likely to be cancelled, they will never be able to fit them all in an already overcrowded schedule.

In fact just up that the England - Pakistan Tour is cancelled, abandoned or postponed, whatever you like to call it.

Watch out T20 WC. Will fit them all in by 2025 with luck at this rate.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:49 pm

Dernbach is playing international cricket again

for Italy

Ahahahahaha

Alex!

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down