Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Membership 2022

+12
Olympian2
Jason
Keith Powell
Missing Leg
Ali888
kjb
Jackers
Badges
Fingers
Pink Panther
RB
Chinaman
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Membership 2022 Empty Membership 2022

Post by Chinaman Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 pm

New system for next year with loads of instructions up on the website. They are inviting renewals now, with £20 off your Direct Debit for existing members. Check it out.
I'll be waiting to see the fixtures schedule first.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Membership 2022 Empty Re: Membership 2022

Post by RB Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Not keen on my 40% price hike caused by them splitting 16-25 into 2.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:24 pm

I don't normally renew until the start of the new season, as I don't see the point in paying for something 6 months before I'm going to need it. Therefore I didn't renew last year or this, as it was clear we might not be allowed to attend many if any games. I'm so disgusted with the whole franchise thing, and the way it's blighted the rest of the cricket calendar, I'm not sure I'll renew again now. I'm mainly interested in the Championship matches, almost all of which take place during the football season these days, so I may as well just stick to watching football.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingers Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:21 pm

I won’t renew until I have seen the fixtures.

Fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Got my bumph this morning from Surrey.A bit of a cheek (as usual)  with 4 more games to come.I will be renewing as always,it's an absolute steal.

Can't see the point of doing so until at least January though.

Badges

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:15 am

I have just taken the opportunity to take a proper look at the new membership system, and I would appreciate anyone letting me know if I have got either of these two things wrong:

- The cost of membership has gone up by significantly more than inflation: in my case county membership paid by Direct Debit from £183 in respect of this year to £201 for 2022. This represents an increase of 10%.

- If you confirm that you wish to remain a member, the club will take the money immediately, instead of (for those of us who pay by DD) in the first week of January 2022 as in previous years.

Is this others' understanding, and what do people think about it, especially given the timing in the context of the cricket we've "enjoyed" this season? Is it (still) an "absolute steal" - and if so, who exactly is doing the stealing?

-
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:31 am

Jackers wrote:I have just taken the opportunity to take a proper look at the new membership system, and I would appreciate anyone letting me know if I have got either of these two things wrong:

- The cost of membership has gone up by significantly more than inflation: in my case county membership paid by Direct Debit from £183 in respect of this year to £201 for 2022. This represents an increase of 10%.

- If you confirm that you wish to remain a member, the club will take the money immediately, instead of (for those of us who pay by DD) in the first week of January 2022 as in previous years.

Is this others' understanding, and what do people think about it, especially given the timing in the context of the cricket we've "enjoyed" this season? Is it (still) an "absolute steal" - and if so, who exactly is doing the stealing?

Well the website headline stating "2022 another stellar summer of cricket" is having a laugh. As I've already said if next year's fixtures are the same as this year, I won't be renewing because it's poor value as it stands now, when you get virtually no red ball in June to August, and just a diet of white ball junk. In fact with Covid John still around we might be lucky to get anything more this season anyway.

Championship membership has gone up from £158 to £164 with, if I'm reading it right, £20 off for Direct Debit instead of £10, (although that could be for new members?) + another £10 fish and chip voucher that actually only let's you buy coffee when the appropriate outlets are even open.

-

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:05 pm

The Championship membership is £164 but £144 if paying by d/d the first instalment of which will be taken on 5 January 22 plus £10 credit on membership card for fish & chips from Caught In The Nets (when open) or from the 100 hundreds bar (which was not widely published this year).
County membership is £221 less £20 if paying by d/d plus £15 credit on membership card.

Not sure of Surrey & England cost as it varies depending on where you want to sit.

This will mean that if the fixtures are out by the end of 2021, everyone will have the chance to cancel the d/d if not going to renew.

I'm not sure if the pro-rata refund for this year will be paid if you don't renew for 2022.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali888 Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:43 pm

Chinaman wrote:

Championship membership has gone up from £158 to £164 with, if I'm reading it right, £20 off for Direct Debit instead of £10, (although that could be for new members?) + another £10 fish and chip voucher that actually only lets you buy coffee when the appropriate outlets are even open.

-

I was able to use some of the credit on my card to buy fish and chips.

Ali888

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali888 Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Jackers wrote:

-

I have the Surrey and England membership and my letter states this at the end

"We will not collect any money until 5th January 2022..."

Ali888

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:52 pm

Ali888 wrote:
Chinaman wrote:

Championship membership has gone up from £158 to £164 with, if I'm reading it right, £20 off for Direct Debit instead of £10, (although that could be for new members?) + another £10 fish and chip voucher that actually only lets you buy coffee when the appropriate outlets are even open.

-

I was able to use some of the credit on my card to buy fish and chips.

You must have been there when they were open which wasn't every match despite good crowds for the RL50 overs.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:54 pm

Yes and they used to close before tea.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Gordon Bennett. The 2022 membership bumf was only sent out a couple of weeks ago, the fixtures are months away from being announced and yet Surrey have already signed up 10,000 members for next year.

Either we have the best marketing department in the country or that's a hell of a typo.

https://www.kiaoval.com/surrey-break-modern-day-membership-record-in-2021/

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Missing Leg wrote:Gordon Bennett. The 2022 membership bumf was only sent out a couple of weeks ago, the fixtures are months away from being announced and yet Surrey have already signed up 10,000 members for next year.

Either we have the best marketing department in the country or that's a hell of a typo.

I'm sure a large percentage of members renew automatically by direct debit, so unless they've already cancelled their direct debit they'll be counted as signed up? It's fairly clear our county is far better at marketing than the ECB and other counties, you only have to look at attendances for international and T20 matches at The Oval. It's incredible that Richard Gould was overlooked for the ECB's CEO role on a shortlist of two with that clueless puppet Harrison.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:01 pm

Pink Panther wrote:
Missing Leg wrote:Gordon Bennett. The 2022 membership bumf was only sent out a couple of weeks ago, the fixtures are months away from being announced and yet Surrey have already signed up 10,000 members for next year.

I'm sure a large percentage of members renew automatically by direct debit, so unless they've already cancelled their direct debit they'll be counted as signed up?  It's fairly clear our county is far better at marketing than the ECB and other counties, you only have to look at attendances for international and T20 matches at The Oval.  It's incredible that Richard Gould was overlooked for the ECB's CEO role on a shortlist of two with that clueless puppet Harrison.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion after I posted. Would have preferred the more amusing '10,000 haven't yet cancelled their direct debit' in the news flash, though.

Talking of Harrison, I listened to a very odd interview with him yesterday (is there any other type?). When discussing India's last minute Old Trafford pull out, he spent a few moments sycophantically praising them (which you'd reluctantly expect) but then changed the subject and went into a long unprompted monologue on cricket's duty of care on mental health issues. Dear oh dear.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Would be interesting if they took the international membership out of that number and see how many are left .You only have to see the figures at county and one day cup matches to see how misleading the figures are.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:43 pm

Missing Leg wrote:
Pink Panther wrote:

I'm sure a large percentage of members renew automatically by direct debit, so unless they've already cancelled their direct debit they'll be counted as signed up?  It's fairly clear our county is far better at marketing than the ECB and other counties, you only have to look at attendances for international and T20 matches at The Oval.  It's incredible that Richard Gould was overlooked for the ECB's CEO role on a shortlist of two with that clueless puppet Harrison.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion after I posted. Would have preferred the more amusing '10,000 haven't yet cancelled their direct debit' in the news flash, though.

Talking of Harrison, I listened to a very odd interview with him yesterday (is there any other type?). When discussing India's last minute Old Trafford pull out, he spent a few moments sycophantically praising them (which you'd reluctantly expect) but then changed the subject and went into a long unprompted monologue on cricket's duty of care on mental health issues. Dear oh dear.
Harrison always sounds like a particularly useless government minister. He can never just give straight and honest answers without making implausible excuses and treating his audience as if they're as stupid as himself.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

dougieginn, Missing Leg and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:20 am

Surrey have confirmed details of the pro rata Covid refund. Members will get £31.11 to compensate for the Leicestershire and Hampshire games where Covid kept us out. It's a little cheeky. Once again you have to 'apply' for the refund. And only then is it applied as a discount on your membership for next year. What if you don't want to renew?

I'm being picky. But surely a straight forward automatic refund could have worked?

Jason

Keith Powell and Olympian2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:23 am

Quite agree with a straightforward refund.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympian2 Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:29 am

Jason wrote:Surrey have confirmed details of the pro rata Covid refund. Members will get £31.11 to compensate for the Leicestershire and Hampshire games where Covid kept us out. It's a little cheeky. Once again you have to 'apply' for the refund. And only then is it applied as a discount on your membership for next year. What if you don't want to renew?

I'm being picky. But surely a straight forward automatic refund could have worked?

If that's true (& I have no reason to doubt what you say), it's disgraceful. No doubt if one wanted the refund now (which would be perfectly reasonable, whether you were renewing next year or not), one would have to send one's bank details to 17 different companies in order for Surrey to process....
Olympian2
Olympian2

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:14 pm

To be fair they never said it was in cash ,like last year. Seems they should have given us an extra refund considering the awful results on the field!! Accepted the refund in the hope that there will be changes in Cricket management and results.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympian2 Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:23 pm

dougieginn wrote:To be fair they never said it was in cash ,like last year. Seems they should have given us an extra refund considering the awful results on the field!! Accepted the refund in the hope that there will be changes in Cricket management and results.

I think the word 'refund' strongly suggests that one would receive cash/funds returned on your payment card. 'Credit' would suggest, well, credit against future payment(s).

Anyway, it's Friday evening, Have a good weekend, everyone Membership 2022 1f44d
Olympian2
Olympian2

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:03 pm

Interesting my wife and I both got letters from Surrey regarding the refunds for the 2 matches .
On her letter it said £30-72p .On my letter £61-44p.
It looks like they have put her refund on mine as well.🤔

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:28 pm

Refunds sorted got ours today

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympian2 Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:55 am

Keith Powell wrote:Refunds sorted got ours today

Keith - may I ask how your refunds were sorted? Did you apply via the website?

Anyone else got their refund yet?
Olympian2
Olympian2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next