Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Membership pack and card

+17
Chinaman
VicNorth
Robertoflondon
Ali888
Badges
offdrive4
kjb
VauxhallRey
Keith Powell
Peter.M.Gardens
David W
Alex!
RB
Wokoval
optimistnot
surreybrowncap1956
SimonH
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Membership pack and card Empty Membership pack and card

Post by kjb Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:44 pm

Just received email telling members the pack and card unlikely to arrive before first match. I don't want the app or a digital card. I've replied asking how I'll get in the ground and the pavilion.
How long have they had to get these prepared. Absolute shambles.

kjb

guildfordbat, Keith Powell, Sir Winston Churchill and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Membership pack and card Empty Re: Membership pack and card

Post by Jackers Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Well, this is the first action point for those who are seeking our votes to join the General Committee and have promised not just to be "bums on seats" if they are successful.

I think we want to know why the membership packs are not being sent out in good time ahead of the season. There's no reason why we shouldn't have them by the end of March. We also want a guarantee that we will get them by then in future.

Last edited by Jackers on Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

SimonH, RB and TinyTownsend like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:23 pm

I've now received a pre-prepared email stating that members who renewed before 19 February should expect to receive their card before first match.

Conflicting or what?

kjb

guildfordbat and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:29 pm

Well what about those going to Old Trafford? You need your card to access members facilties there as well.
I don't do Apps so when I go to the first game at home I'll just give them my member number. Frankly this is poor on Surreys part, maybe they just don't want as old foggies there. Haven't had the other email as yet .

Chinaman

guildfordbat, Keith Powell and David W like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David W Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Jackers wrote:Well, this is the first action point for those who are seeking our votes to join the General Committee and have promised not just to be "bums on seats" if they are successful.

I think we want to know why the membership packs are not being sent out in good time ahead of the season. There's no reason why we shouldn't have them by the end of March. We also want a guarantee that we will get them by then in future.

That’s a fair point.

It’s the kind of thing I’d certainly raise with the CEO and membership office as it shouldn’t happen and attracts avoidable criticism.

It would be a test of how much influence the General Committee has.

My DD went out late January I think; ten plus weeks should be enough to get cards sent out.

But I also think that most people have smart phones and can cope with this, some with a degree of reluctance.

I can think of one member who doesn’t have one and it would be a problem for him but I trust the ticket office can print tickets for those who need it.

So it’s poor, shouldn’t happen but hopefully those affected are well supported by the ticket office.
David W
David W

Keith Powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Also received email.
How much time do they need to send membership cards out?.
Perhaps this,is the start of having tickets on you phone already happening in the premier league and a lot of people arnt happy with it .
Surrey the biggest and richest county and we have this fiasco.
If anyone bothers to turn up Thursday and Friday with the forcast as it is I'm sure there will be a lot of complaints over this shambles 🤔☹

Keith Powell

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:59 pm

Not ideal for those of us who aren't keen on apps, but just checked on my phone and the membership card is there at least. So that's something.

Whether the stewards' card readers are able to process the tickets is another matter of course. (Doesn't work when it's too sunny, doesn't work when it's wet, etc.)

Dulwich Hamlet has switched to using an app for season tickets (Fanbase) which was mildly annoying to start with, but got used to it.

SimonH

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Just had the other email. It says that providing you renewed before Feb 17th it is " expected" to arrive before the first home game. We shall see.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by surreybrowncap1956 Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:11 pm

I am also a life member of Middlesex and received everything from them on Saturday 9th March 2024

surreybrowncap1956

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 pm

I realise that Middlesex have far fewer members, but with the extra money we make from having such a large membership we should pay for more seasonal staff to process and dispatch the packs.
Jackers
Jackers

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:17 pm

I joined Kent last year (and this) as we go down there at least twice a season especially if Surrey are involved.The card and "bumph" arrived for this year a few weeks ago.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:29 pm

please click here for iOS, or here for Android.

I don't even know what this means !

Badges

guildfordbat and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:56 pm

I too have checked the emails. In both of them there is not so much as one apology. Would it be too much to expect a bit of contrition from our second rate administration.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

guildfordbat and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:35 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:I too have checked the emails. In both of them there is not so much as one apology. Would it be too much to expect a bit of contrition from our second rate administration.

I was just about to post the same. Most of us, if not all, have been around long enough to make mistakes at work. However, only the totally arrogant or uncaring would fail to follow that up with an apology and explanation. Zilch from Surrey. That perhaps says so much about how members are regarded.

Although I renewed (and paid) my membership before the end of January, I have so far received only one email which states: ''As you should be aware, your physical card is unlikely to arrive ahead of the home fixture on 12th April''. I was not aware of that and, in view of others having received a second email, am uncertain if that is meant to be the case.

Frankly, terrible from Surrey.

guildfordbat

Badges, Sir Winston Churchill, RB and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by optimistnot Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm

I hope they do not charge at the ticket office a handling fee for printing off tickets for members at the first game. I left my card at home for a game last season went to the ticket office explained that and requested a entry voucher/members ticket for that day. To be told there was a handling charge I believe if I remember correctly it was £10.
Well I went home got the membership card. missed a chuck of the morning session.

optimistnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Wokoval Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:02 pm

I too have only received one email beginning “As you should be aware …”. Well, for starters I wasn’t aware. I appreciate Surrey have a lot of members these days but to get this news so close to the season and without an apology is poor. Surrey are another body that seems to think everyone has a smartphone or is comfortable using apps etc. I do have a smartphone but there are people in society ( not necessarily the elderly) who are being increasingly marginalised and I don’t think it’s right. Not a great start to the season. We are only the Luddite members!.

Wokoval

Jackers, guildfordbat, Badges, Chinaman, Sir Winston Churchill and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:10 pm

I have a good mind not to vote for Mr Slipper's General Committee application.

- I wasn't aware my card wouldn't be arriving.
- Having moved guest vouchers online, yearbooks by appointment only, the scorecards fiasco, fixture cards being wound down, and now this, it would seem members are not getting the kind of service that you would expect.

Last edited by RB on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

RB

guildfordbat, Badges and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Still never mind everyone our diversity department is running at full speed, which after all is the main purpose of Englands premier cricket club!!
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

People got two emails? I only got the one saying unlikely to arrive before the start of the season

Alex!

guildfordbat and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

Alex. If you reply to their email to the correct address, you should receive the generic response.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

Funnily enough just got an email right now with a correction saying it WILL arrive

Surely theirs comms/marketing sign off on these emails - if it happened where I worked questions would be asked at a very high level

Alex!

guildfordbat, RB and MatthewC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

Also received new email. It's now down to the Post Office to deliver it on time. I shan't start anything about their track record as the woke/anti-woke brigade will have to start another thread.

What a fiasco by Surrey.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Wokoval Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

Also received 2nd email saying they got it wrong and membership pack and card will arrive by the first home match. I suspect they received a few complaints yesterday. As others have said it is very poor all round. We only have the Post Office to do their bit. Nothing to worry about there!.

Wokoval

guildfordbat and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

I have yet to receive any email.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

Oh what a farce, but clearly it’s not “just a mistake”. The use of “however” in the first email makes that clear.

I now have the second email.

What a mess.

RB

guildfordbat, Sir Winston Churchill, MatthewC and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next