Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad?

+19
Alex!
Jedrich
Keith Powell
Howzat
adelaide
Erniep7070
Chinaman
OvalCynic
Olympian2
dougieginn
jahall
John Hamilton
Cee Gee
guildfordbat
Pink Panther
RB
Admin
Jackers
Missing Leg
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad?

Post by Missing Leg Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:57 pm

OvalCynic wrote:
Cee Gee wrote:We’ve finally run out of wicket keepers.
Presumably Pope's shoulder means the end of his wicket keeping days. Crying or Very sad

You would think so, but he kept for England in New Zealand after the first dislocation. All part of the ECB's 'let's shit on Surrey' policy.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad?

Post by RB Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:10 am

One for the members' forum, perhaps...

Possible Pope has done a Steven Davies and given up keeping for now?

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:13 am

RB wrote:One for the members' forum, perhaps...

Possible Pope has done a Steven Davies and given up keeping for now?

Davies is keeping for Somerset.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:55 am

I fail to see why Foakes can't play a match. You know a young guy after 3 months not playing should be fit long before now even with that injury. Yesterday he was seen pounding in the gym. Best way to "get back into cricket" is to play it. Blimey if I'd had even two weeks out when I was swimming training I highly doubt I would have achieved what I did. What with the Burns thing, is the ECB again having a pop at Surrey methinks. Shame we got the last Test after all. Bet that upset bloody Harrison.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:58 am

Chinaman wrote:I fail to see why Foakes can't play a match. You know a young guy after 3 months not playing should be fit long before now even with that injury. Yesterday he was seen pounding in the gym. Best way to "get back into cricket" is to play it. Blimey if I'd had even two weeks out when I was swimming training I highly doubt I would have achieved what I did. What with the Burns thing, is the ECB again having a pop at Surrey methinks. Shame we got the last Test after all. Bet that upset bloody Harrison.

Ben Foakes is due to be at the members forum tomorrow to ‘give an update on his return from injury’. I trust you’ll be there to tell him where he’s going wrong?

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Erniep7070 Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 am

Amla has gone off the field after 1 over it looks like Ollie Pope is captaining the side

Erniep7070

Back to top Go down

Post by Erniep7070 Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:49 am

Didn’t last long Amla is back on now!

Erniep7070

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:01 am

Cee Gee wrote:
Chinaman wrote:I fail to see why Foakes can't play a match. You know a young guy after 3 months not playing should be fit long before now even with that injury. Yesterday he was seen pounding in the gym. Best way to "get back into cricket" is to play it. Blimey if I'd had even two weeks out when I was swimming training I highly doubt I would have achieved what I did. What with the Burns thing, is the ECB again having a pop at Surrey methinks. Shame we got the last Test after all. Bet that upset bloody Harrison.

Ben Foakes is due to be at the members forum tomorrow to ‘give an update on his return from injury’. I trust you’ll be there to tell him where he’s going wrong?

It's not him that's going wrong just the whole way players injuries and training is managed. He plays half a 2nds game, then pounds out in the gym? Please.
And what is Burns being rested from exactly? Playing for Surrey?

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:02 am

Jamie Porter’s highest first class score is 34 👀

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Erniep7070 Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:04 am

Cee Gee wrote:Jamie Porter’s highest first class score is 34 👀

If Steel keeps bowling he get past it!!

Erniep7070

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:39 am

Chinaman wrote:
And what is Burns being rested from exactly? Playing for Surrey?

Maybe the ECB fears he will get injured if let loose at Surrey. With some justification given the recent track record!

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Feel like Steel is stealing a living

I'll get my coat

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:31 pm

I'll be blunt

This team is a fucking mess

Alex!

John Hamilton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Forgive my language, but fuck-a-doodle-do.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Howzat Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm

There's a very apt Adam and the Ants song that can be hijacked to describe Cameron Steel's ability as a cricketeer - "Can't bat, can't bowl what do you do"?

The worst bowling in their innings and out for a duck, what the hell made us sign this chump?

Howzat

Robertoflondon, dougieginn and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Hamilton Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Cameron Steel our batting all-rounder.

Scores for Surrey: 0, 4no, 1, 0, 17, 0

John Hamilton

Robertoflondon and dougieginn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Members forum should be interesting tomorrow evening if it happens with the forcast 🌧🌧

Keith Powell

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Imagine how bad this batting line up would be without Hashim Amla. Is he returning next season ???

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Another depressing day in another depressing season in a series of depressing seasons. How much longer will have to suffer this Management? Who seem unable to motivate players or choose wisely when it comes to new signings

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Don't panic, this is a tribute to the 2018 Essex match. Concede a 400 run first innings deficit, let rip second dig and come within a wicket of pulling it off.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Our playing setup is run by numpties

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 pm

It really was like men against boys. Essex have maintained their level over the past decade and only ended up in the same division as us here because their game at Derby, which they were well on course to win, was abandoned through COVID after a Derbyshire player tested positive. We on the other hand have become much weaker since 2018.

Serious questions need to be asked not just of the cricket management and coaches, but of the club in general. It is their compliance with the ECB which has largely led to us being so uncompetitive. Add Burns, Curran, Curran, the wrapped-in-cotton-wool Foakes and Roy to that team (he scored a ton against them in the last game of 2018) and we would give Essex a much better game.
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:19 pm

The problem to is that most of the team are simply not first division standard. But Ricky's shot was awful, and Jordan Clark's not much better. It looked like a different pitch when Essex were bowling. Really Surrey Member's shouldn't have to put up with this, or the current team management any longer. Amla must be pissed off and I wouldn't blame him if he decided not to come back next year. I might join him.
Even if tomorrow is rained off, we will probably still lose by an innings.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:35 pm

Omnishambles.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am

Not looking good weather wise at the moment heavy rain here in purley can't think there will be much play today if at all .Hopefully the members forum will still go ahead .
At least Essex might only have one day to finish us off and get 13 wickets.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next