Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad?

+19
Alex!
Jedrich
Keith Powell
Howzat
adelaide
Erniep7070
Chinaman
OvalCynic
Olympian2
dougieginn
jahall
John Hamilton
Cee Gee
guildfordbat
Pink Panther
RB
Admin
Jackers
Missing Leg
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad? - Page 4 Empty Re: Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad?

Post by Coatesy Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:06 am

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad? - Page 4 Empty Re: Any sign of tomorrow's team/squad?

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 am

I did engage with him about this possibility yesterdy as he chased the ball down near to where I was sitting at the third man boundary (or "third" if you are woke).

He smiled at the suggestion. ....
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Jackers wrote:I did engage with him about this possibility yesterdy as he chased the ball down near to where I was sitting at the third man boundary (or "third" if you are woke).

Yes. Saw this. Why not? He'd get the best financial offer from Surrey. We need to do something because Burns aside we don't have any openers.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Jackers wrote:I did engage with him about this possibility yesterdy as he chased the ball down near to where I was sitting at the third man boundary (or "third" if you are woke).

Yes. Saw this. Why not? He'd get the best financial offer from Surrey. We need to do something because Burns aside we don't have any openers.

Oh yes, splashing the cash is bound to attract him.

I really don't think Cook is playing on for the money. I'd be amazed if he played for any other county. If he leaves Essex it will be for the farm and the media.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am

According to Will Macpherson in the Standard, Rory will also be rested for the Glamorgan game.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm

adelaide wrote:
Chinaman wrote:

Oh yes, splashing the cash is bound to attract him.

I really don't think Cook is playing on for the money. I'd be amazed if he played for any other county. If he leaves Essex it will be for the farm and the media.

Not so sure. He likes batting at the Oval, and he doesn't strike me as wanting to retire yet.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Cee Gee wrote:According to Will Macpherson in the Standard, Rory will also be rested for the Glamorgan game.

ECB being nasty again. So presumably they are resting him for the England Second 11 for the "maybe they'll happen" Ashes. If that doesn't go ahead, West Indies next April? Probably time he relinquished the Surrey captaincy whatever happens.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 am

Here's my preview of the Champo clash between @surreycricket and @GlamCricket at the Kia Oval over the next 4 days: http://ovalworld-online.com/prevsurglacc2021.htm

First-class stats sheet for @surreycricket vs @GlamCricket http://ovalworld-online.com/fc_stats_surrey_glamorgan.pdf
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ovalworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4