Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Membership pack and card

+17
Chinaman
VicNorth
Robertoflondon
Ali888
Badges
offdrive4
kjb
VauxhallRey
Keith Powell
Peter.M.Gardens
David W
Alex!
RB
Wokoval
optimistnot
surreybrowncap1956
SimonH
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Membership pack and card - Page 3 Empty Re: Membership pack and card

Post by VicNorth Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:44 pm

Imagine Gus Atkinson had been a postman.

VicNorth

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by optimistnot Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:36 am

Well no membership pack for me yet. The joke is though that the annual report and accounts of Surrey CCC arrived yesterday for the AGM on the 30/04 that is more than two weeks after the first home game starts and more than 3 weeks before the first away game.
There are their priorities for you.

optimistnot

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:30 pm

Has anyone else received a separate mailing from Surrey which contains the "Annual Report and Accounts"? I assumed this was my membership card, but oh no, it is guff which they could easily put online and prioritise getting the cards out. I know a few of you have now had yours, but evidently many of us are still waiting. I despair.
Jackers
Jackers

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:39 pm

Jackers wrote:Has anyone else received a separate mailing from Surrey which contains the "Annual Report and Accounts"? I assumed this was my membership card, but oh no, it is guff which they could easily put online and prioritise getting the cards out. I know a few of you have now had yours, but evidently many of us are still waiting. I despair.

I think the accounts to members are statuatory - you would imagine they’d prefer not to send these out if they couldn’t.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:47 pm

Ok, but then for pity's sake just send them out with the cards.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:49 pm

Jackers wrote:Has anyone else received a separate mailing from Surrey which contains the "Annual Report and Accounts"? I assumed this was my membership card, but oh no, it is guff which they could easily put online and prioritise getting the cards out. I know a few of you have now had yours, but evidently many of us are still waiting. I despair.

Snap !

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:57 pm

Badges wrote:

Snap !

You know they bleet on about net zero rubbish so why send out a hard copy of this which should be on line unless you request a hard copy. To be honest with the AGM weeks down the line it could have been picked up at the Oval. And if they had to send it out, include it in the Membership pack.

Chinaman

Jackers, Robertoflondon and MatthewC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:08 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Badges wrote:

Snap !

You know they bleet on about net zero rubbish so why send out a hard copy of this which should be on line unless you request a hard copy. To be honest with the AGM weeks down the line it could have been picked up at the Oval. And if they had to send it out, include it in the Membership pack.
Received membership pack on Tuesday that's all nothing regarding AGM.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Wokoval Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:43 pm

Just received the Accounts today. It fits very nicely in the Membership pack!.

Wokoval

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:09 am

Wokoval wrote:Just received the Accounts today. It fits very nicely in the Membership pack!.

Yes likewise. I was particularly interested in reading the piece on EDI (or DIE as I would call it) and would point you to the "community engagement" section and am glad that the club is "on a journey of maturity focusing on the four pillars". Not to ignore the club's aim to reduce recycling rates by 60% (no doubt sending out hard copies of this booklet will help) and to conclude: I really can't wait for the "release of the full strategy and transition plan" at the end of the year. No doubt essential winter reading.

(What a lot of woke baloney.)

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:58 am

I shudder to think what the "transition plan" is all about. I am having visions of half our team turning out for the Oval Invincible women next year. We may be unveiling Olivia Pope, Samantha Curran, Danielle Lawrence and Camilla Steel. Surrey Chief Executive Steve Elworthy (to be known as Stephanie on match days) says this shows Surrey are determined to model progressive attitudes to inclusivity in sport.

Last edited by Jackers on Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wokoval Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:59 am

I’ll have a look if I have trouble getting off to sleep.

Wokoval

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:47 am

Jackers wrote:I shudder to think what the "transition plan" is all about. I am having visions of half our team turning out for the Oval Invincible women next year. We may be unveiling Olivia Pope, Samantha Curran, Danielle Lawrence and Camelia Steel. Surrey Chief Executive Steve Elworthy (to be known as Stephanie on match days) says this shows Surrey are determined to model progressive attitudes to inclusivity in sport.

Although sadly he won't be about much next season the Director Of Cricket is "the man formerly known" as Alexa Stewart.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertoflondon Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm

My AGM stuff arrived this morning (Saturday). Like others, still no membership pack and card. It would be nice to have them before the Somerset match ... but what do I do if no card? They took the subscription in January so why wasn't this all here in February? It is rather important ...

Robertoflondon

Jackers and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:36 pm

Robertoflondon wrote:My AGM stuff arrived this morning (Saturday). Like others, still no membership pack and card. It would be nice to have them before the Somerset match ... but what do I do if no card? They took the subscription in January so why wasn't this all here in February? It is rather important ...

If you phone the Membership Office they should be able to issue you with tickets (remember those!) which you can print at home or they can post. Do it Monday, or you could try today.

Chinaman

Robertoflondon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:08 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Jackers wrote:I shudder to think what the "transition plan" is all about. I am having visions of half our team turning out for the Oval Invincible women next year. We may be unveiling Olivia Pope, Samantha Curran, Danielle Lawrence and Camelia Steel. Surrey Chief Executive Steve Elworthy (to be known as Stephanie on match days) says this shows Surrey are determined to model progressive attitudes to inclusivity in sport.

Although sadly he won't be about much next season the Director Of Cricket is "the man formerly known" as Alexa Stewart.

"Alexa, find me an overseas player..."

adelaide

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:29 pm

"Alexa, please address the room as to why our players are never available..."

VicNorth

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:01 am

I once told Alexa she was ****ing useless.

A few seconds later back came "Thank you for your feedback".

adelaide

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm

Been away in Cornwall in weekend, got the annual report but no membership

Why not post this stuff altogether? Waste of time and money...

Alex!

Jackers and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:41 pm

I looked at the website of the woman who wrote the hideous EDI article in our accounts, our Head of EDI. Shes absolutely barking. These people talk "English" but the words they spout are complete and utter nonsense.

This lady despite being as white as I am professes that she finds it hard to identify with white people. If she is this mad, do the club really think she can provide us with an honest balanced EDI policy?!! I dont.

Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 am

You know way back in the 90's when I worked for Local Government the predecessor of woke, political correctness was rife. We had "Womens Advisors" who "found" problems to justify their salaries. Of course wokery now infects most large public and even private organisations, including sports clubs. The thing I'd like to know is who makes these "rules" that we are expected to adhere to? Most of this nonsense is not inscribed in law so we should ignore it. You don't have to have diversity officers or quotas for anything because its not a legal requirement. It's virtue signalling at best and downright lunacy at worst. Hamsa Useless in Scotland springs to mind with his vile hate crime bile. Now he should probably be jailed.As for Surrey, stop this woke nonsense please.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:03 pm

Miracle of miracles, my membership card has arrived.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:28 pm

Jackers wrote:Miracle of miracles, my membership card has arrived.

Mine too today.

In the accompanying Membership Guide, it states: ''We are proud to be a Club, run by its Members, for the benefit of them and the Club.''

Those in charge need to be better aware of the words I've put in bold.

guildfordbat

Badges, Chinaman and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:06 pm

One thing I did read in our DEI statement in the Surrey website was that  as well as paying sodding millions to worthy woke causes, charities and implementation of our own DEI departments, another aim was that this will encourage more of the “DEI” people to become members.

I can 100% guarantee that unless they give away membership for free we will see a zero percentage increase of membership from people of the DEI community.ZERO.

A most worthy, pointless and implausible aim. One that highlights the complete out of touch nature of DEI.

Still there’s money to be made from this nonsense so it’s here to stay.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:39 pm

"DEI encompasses people of different ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, disabilities, genders, religions, cultures and sexual orientations." - which incidentally includes old white geezers but let's take it as anyone but old white geezers for the sake of argument.

SWC - Why would you expect (guarantee, even) ZERO increase in membership from any of those groups? I presume that Surrey CCC has members from all those groups now. Though maybe they won't stick around much longer if they come onto this forum and see some of what gets posted!

Jackers - I don't know about you but just because something isn't laid down in law doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be done.

If I were to respond in any more depth that would be getting perilously close to "Anything but Cricket" territory so I'll stop there.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next