Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Membership pack and card

+17
Chinaman
VicNorth
Robertoflondon
Ali888
Badges
offdrive4
kjb
VauxhallRey
Keith Powell
Peter.M.Gardens
David W
Alex!
RB
Wokoval
optimistnot
surreybrowncap1956
SimonH
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Membership pack and card - Page 4 Empty Re: Membership pack and card

Post by Jackers Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:20 pm

adelaide wrote:"DEI encompasses people of different ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, disabilities, genders, religions, cultures and sexual orientations." - which incidentally includes old white geezers but let's take it as anyone but old white geezers for the sake of argument.

SWC - Why would you expect (guarantee, even) ZERO increase in membership from any of those groups? I presume that Surrey CCC has members from all those groups now. Though maybe they won't stick around much longer if they come onto this forum and see some of what gets posted!

Jackers - I don't know about you but just because something isn't laid down in law doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be done.

If I were to respond in any more depth that would be getting perilously close to "Anything but Cricket" territory so I'll stop there.

I'm struggling to see which of my contributions on this thread you're referring to. I can only assume it's my response to the "transition plan" (which may or may not have been tongue-in-cheek!).

It reminds me of the all-too prescient Jasper Carrott gag a while back: "first it was against the law, then it was seriously frowned upon, then it was allowed, now it's being encouraged......well, I'm getting out before they make it compulsory!"

Jackers
Jackers

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 pm

Adelaide, you are way too gullible for your own good. If you honestly believe that Surrey's DEI includes one jot of consideration towards old white men then you are as mad the woman who gets paid to run the bloody thing. I will go so far as to give you another of my "100% certains" that this is the case.

Its not rocket science to work out that the true target people of DEI will never buy a membership of Surrey CCC. It is for the fairies to think that having a policy written by some woke lefty that appertains to under privileged or people of colour or gay or bi or whatever, that slings money at them will make these people so engaged with SCCC that they will forever be grateful and therefore buy life membership of our cricket club.

This DEI is exactly as I have said. Its woke rubbish that makes people like you and Slipper feel worthy. It empowers your feelings of were all in it together nonsense.
Honestly, its cobblers.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

MatthewC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:32 pm

adelaide wrote:"DEI encompasses people of different ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, disabilities, genders, religions, cultures and sexual orientations." - which incidentally includes old white geezers but let's take it as anyone but old white geezers for the sake of argument.

SWC - Why would you expect (guarantee, even) ZERO increase in membership from any of those groups? I presume that Surrey CCC has members from all those groups now. Though maybe they won't stick around much longer if they come onto this forum and see some of what gets posted!

Jackers - I don't know about you but just because something isn't laid down in law doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be done.

If I were to respond in any more depth that would be getting perilously close to "Anything but Cricket" territory so I'll stop there.

Adelaide. It was me that said it's not a legal requirement to have Diversity Officers and the like. Before DEI we had managers to sort out these problems, now we have officers and the like who create them

But look, just today the BBC removed one of my cricket posts because I questioned the use of the woke terms "Nightwatcher" and "Thirds"". Reason given? "It is leading the conversation into other areas". No, the BBC is about as woke an organisation as you can get, they don't like licence fee payers questioning them".

But your right: if this topic is to continue you know which thread it goes on. If you've forgotten, ask Alexa!

Chinaman

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:06 pm

Chinaman wrote:
But your right: if this topic is to continue you know which thread it goes on. If you've forgotten, ask Alexa!

indeed. You should however note that I never ever initiate these exchanges on any thread. I am guilty of reacting to posts on the same thread they are made. In this case it started with points made about the activities and communications of SCCC - fair enough - but as usual this turned into the usual generalised anti-woke sentiments, which belong on the other thread, if they belong anywhere. If it isn't posted all over the place, it won't get responded to all over the place.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:Adelaide, you are way too gullible for your own good. If you honestly believe that Surrey's DEI includes one jot of consideration towards old white men then you are as mad the woman who gets paid to run the bloody thing. I will go so  far as to give you another of my "100% certains" that this is the case.

Its not rocket science to work out that the true target people of DEI will never buy a membership of Surrey CCC. It is for the fairies to think that having a policy written by some woke lefty that appertains to under privileged or people of colour or gay or bi or whatever, that slings money at them will make these people so engaged with SCCC that they will forever be grateful and therefore buy life membership of our cricket club.

This DEI is exactly as I have said. Its woke rubbish that makes people like you and Slipper feel worthy. It empowers your feelings of were all in it together nonsense.
Honestly, its cobblers.

Advertising sells. Advertising targeted at certain groups (which it often is) boosts sales to that group. But somehow uniquely activities which closely resemble advertising will have no impact at all on membership sales. Why does anyone bother with membership drives at all? what you are saying just doesn't make sense unless, equally uniquely, the groups that you list have something about them that turns them off cricket - and that is also nonsense.

I don't understand what "were all in it together nonsense" is supposed to be.

Interesting choice of words in context - for the fairies - Freudian slip?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:54 pm

adelaide wrote:
Chinaman wrote:

indeed. You should however note that I never ever initiate these exchanges on any thread. I am guilty of reacting to posts on the same thread they are made. In this case it started with points made about the activities and communications of SCCC - fair enough - but as usual this turned into the usual generalised anti-woke sentiments, which belong on the other thread, if they belong anywhere. If it isn't posted all over the place, it won't get responded to all over the place.

Happy with that. I'd rather watch the cricket but the BBC does seriously piss me off.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:11 am

My card hasn’t arrived after all.

RB

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:39 am

RB wrote:My card hasn’t arrived after all.

RB,

So much for the Club's LGBTQ+ credentials! Seems a clear case of discrimination. You should definitely sue. Wink

More seriously, at least complain strongly. The Club are just hopeless when it comes to what matters to members.

guildfordbat

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:10 pm

Never mind, it’s arrived now.

RB

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:21 pm

My blooming card hasn't arrived yet, so I shall be all over the place tomorrow trying to get in using the sodding App.

It really is not good enough.

Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill on Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:27 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:My blooming card hasn't arrived yet, so I hall be all over the place tomorrow trying to get in using the sodding App.

Rioting by aged Member's at the turnstiles?

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:41 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:My blooming card hasn't arrived yet, so I hall be all over the place tomorrow trying to get in using the sodding App.

Just go to the gate and have a ruck.They'll let you in.Take last year's card.Explain politely first of course !

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4