Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yorkshire v Surrey @ Scarbados 11-14 July

+20
Bhambrownhatter
Gidren
Vauxhall
RightArmSlow
kjb
adelaide
Coatesy
Ray AFCW
offdrive4
Badges
Jedrich
RB
Admin
KeninWestWickham
Keith Powell
Jackers
Chinaman
Steve
guildfordbat
Cee Gee
24 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Yorkshire v Surrey @ Scarbados 11-14 July - Page 8 Empty Re: Yorkshire v Surrey @ Scarbados 11-14 July

Post by Chinaman Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am

You know there was a pointless OD1 International at Lord's yesterday which looked dreadfully boring and yet punters probably paid £150 a ticket to watch the tosh. Scarborough was £12 and about a million times better.
On Saturday Yorkshire loose 4 main players to another useless ODI because of the Sunday game. If this isn't the ECB at its slimy worst I don't know what is.

Chinaman

Jackers, Pink Panther and KeninWestWickham like this post

Back to top Go down

Yorkshire v Surrey @ Scarbados 11-14 July - Page 8 Empty Re: Yorkshire v Surrey @ Scarbados 11-14 July

Post by Alex! Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:37 am

I still personally value ODI/50 over cricket, and wouldn't pay prices that either London grounds were charging, but from what I did see of yesterday was more of an old school affair. Happy for Topley.

As for next week, there's no good reason why Pope shouldn't be made available. I don't care if the pitch is a flat one, get McKerr out and Moriarty in

Alex!

Jackers and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:59 am

I agree, the game at Lords yesterday was an old school type game, which is all honesty can be better than 500 plays 490. This was proper cricket, and it seemed that India could deal with pitch from what I saw of it. Pleased for Topley as well

It was only 3 years ago (to the day yesterday) that England won the WC, and the scores that day werent huge, but what a game that was

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm

I agree Alex with Pope and Moriarity must play. Pope
for Smith and Moriarity for McKerr.
Do you guys think we will have an overseas player
in for Hardie or they won’t bother.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:04 pm

Interesting to see that York’s were fined 2 points for slow over rate, which is surprising since Bess bowled over 50 overs in the match!
Good to see that we made up for all the NBs we bowled in the first innings.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:12 pm

Surely what we must do is avoid preparing another flat pitch like the Kent pitch!! Lee Fortis has provided some very good pitches up until then. Don’t think that we should prepare a spinners wicket on this occasion as Essex have the best spinner in CC in their side.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:29 pm

Even if we didn't produce a turning wicket Harmer is still going to probably get a few; conditions seem irrelevant to him

Alex!

Cee Gee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:41 pm

It was a great game at Scarborough. Thought with 60 needed it might be a draw like many who were there had trains booked to get back so missed the last 10 overs but it was still a great trip.
Looking forward to next week.

Keith Powell

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:13 pm

Cee Gee wrote:I see England have only released Salt, Parkinson and Brook for finals day which suggests we wouldn’t have had any of the England boys had we got through (maybe Sam as he hasn’t played the ODIs.). Still, I think I’d have taken yesterdays win over York’s if given the choice.
Obviously Brook wouldn't have been released if we'd qualified, so maybe we'd have got one of ours? Still don't understand why Pope wasn't available at Scarborough, although it might even have cost us the win if we'd batted longer in the first innings.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:08 pm

Pink Panther wrote:
Cee Gee wrote:I see England have only released Salt, Parkinson and Brook for finals day which suggests we wouldn’t have had any of the England boys had we got through (maybe Sam as he hasn’t played the ODIs.). Still, I think I’d have taken yesterdays win over York’s if given the choice.
Obviously Brook wouldn't have been released if we'd qualified, so maybe we'd have got one of ours? Still don't understand why Pope wasn't available at Scarborough, although it might even have cost us the win if we'd batted longer in the first innings.

That was one heck of a finish yesterday. I tuned in (there, that shows my age) just before Gabriel produced that ripper to Jamie Smith. He produced one very early in Hardie's innings which was a coat of varnish from taking the off stump, preceded by a pretty close looking lbw shout. If Hardie had gone early, that might have been it for the chase, I suspect. Gabriel clearly couldn't do it for more than a couple of overs but I suppose if he had been able to bowl longer Yorkshire might just have ended up with more points deducted, or it might have been won with no-balls. There was one point in that Gabriel spell where setting the field seemed to take three minutes, so they weren't helping themselves.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:03 pm

RB,Steel batting :26,bowling 36 average. 27 career wickets in 5 years. I would suggest: can’t bat can’t bowl!! Perhaps can field. Both Virdi and Moriarty have had far more bowling success than Steel. 27 years old, when is Steel going to improve???????!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:13 pm

dougieginn wrote:RB,Steel batting :26,bowling 36 average. 27 career wickets in 5 years. I would suggest: can’t bat can’t bowl!! Perhaps can field. Both Virdi and Moriarty have had far more bowling success than Steel. 27 years old, when is Steel going to improve???????!
Unbelievable! We've just won the Championship and you want to talk about one player, who is never going to be selected in the strongest XI but nevertheless adds balance to a team missing a few on international duty, and dig him out for not being good enough.

Cameron Steel has a County Championship medal and I'm happy with.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:04 pm

dougieginn wrote:RB,Steel batting :26,bowling 36 average. 27 career wickets in 5 years. I would suggest: can’t bat can’t bowl!! Perhaps can field. Both Virdi and Moriarty have had far more bowling success than Steel. 27 years old, when is Steel going to improve???????!

Do you actually watch the games? Probably not. What a daft comment. I can't be bothered to even respond.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:00 am

I clicked onto this thread and wondered why how it had got back up to near the top.

I assumed it was because the win at Scarborough, for me, was the point at which I thought we had a real good chance to win the league this year, not because someone wanted to have a 'pop' at one of our players

Coatesy

guildfordbat and Cee Gee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:36 am

Surely the mark of a good squad man is that he produces when called upon - I don’t think we can have too many complaints about Steel’s contribution this season

Bhambrownhatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedmore Wanderer Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:34 pm

We need more depth in spin department. I see Majid has signed his first pro contract.

Wedmore Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8